Show Notes for Season Ticket Episode 28
Welcome to the Season Ticket Podcast. It’s episode 28, and it is ready for streaming or download by clicking the play button above, so give it a listen!
You can follow us on Twitter @seasonticketpod and facebook.com/seasonticketpod. Also don’t forget to rate and review the show on iTunes if you get a second.
The McGregor Circus
The biggest story this week was Conor McGregor’s rift with the UFC and what will become of it all.
- Was Nate “They’re All On Drugs!” Diaz correct and has Conor pi$$ed hot and jumping before he’s pushed (a “retirement” looks a lot better than “SUSPENDED FOR PEDs!”) ?
- Has the Joao Carvalho incident affected him that deeply that he cannot play it up at a scheduled presser and re-thinking his mma career?
- Has he injured himself again (ACL) and rather than be seen to be ducking a fight (like he has called out many other fighters on in the past) he temporarily “retires”?
- Is he joining WWE?
- Does he really want $10m for his fight at 200 and is playing hard ball after UFC told him to get fudged?
- Has he realised that this stunt (if that’s what it is) has gained more publicity than any presser could ever achieve?
- Is he starring in the next season of True Detective?
There’s also actual fighting going on this weekend and we get Carl’s UFC197 betting tips.
15.00 Bournemouth v Chelsea – Bournemouth to win
Bournemouth will certainly approach this tie with far more zest than the Londoners. Although they are safe, it is conceivable still that they could get a top ten finish and should they beat Chelsea, they will be joint tenth until the next round of matches – joint tenth with Chelsea. This column is of the opinion that Bournemouth are in with a decent shout of winning here. BetVictor have a tasty and slightly weird 85/40 for that outcome.
15.00 Liverpool v Newcastle – Liverpool to win
Their form coupled with Newcastle’s abysmal away record (7 points in 17 games), means this should be a dead cert in favour of the home team. Many Liverpool fans may still be warm to Benitez but if he expects any kind of special treatment on the pitch, we suggest he look again at the Liverpool v Dortmund game. BetBright have the best price at 5/8 for a Liverpool win.
14.05 Sunderland v Arsenal – Sunderland to win
Defoe got goals, Arsenal got woes.
Leicester v Swansea – Also on Sunday – thoughts?
Opinions on Vardy and by extension the associated furore as indicative of this generation’s general inclination toward bovine idiocy.
Last Sunday he came on as a late sub for Roma and grabbed a goal to salvage a draw.
Everyone happy but apparently there was beef in the dressing room between Spaletti and Totti. In their home match against Torino midweek, Roma were 2-1 down when Totti was brought on in the 84th minute and scored in 22 seconds. Two and a half minutes later, he got the winner from the penalty spot.